Got a cough you just can’t shake?
Have you caught the virus that’s doing the rounds this winter, are over the virus, but just can’t get rid of the lingering cough?
This is a beautifully simple, yet really effective cough elixir you can make at home. It will work on soothing the mucous membranes and may help symptoms of all types of coughs.
The natural, wholesome ingredients can have both expectorant and calming properties which will help to remove the mucous and calm the irritated mucous linings.
These ingredients have antibiotic properties which are also anti-inflammatory, helping to fight the pathogens which are attacking the respiratory airways.
- 1 onion, chopped into cubes (any colour)
- 6 – 8 cloves of garlic, smashed with skins on. leave sitting for 5 minutes then remove the skins. (optional, but good!!)
- Enough raw un-heated honey to just cover the onion and garlic
- Turmeric root, grated (optional, but also good!)
- Ginger root, grated (also optional, but equally good!!)
Place all the ingredients in a jar and let steep for 6 – 8 hours. The onion and garlic juice will blend with the honey to makea runny, tasty cough elixir.
Take 2 – 3 tablespoons of the liquid 2 -3 timnes daily. Kepp the jar in the fridge. Replenish as needed.