Beetroot & Millet Burgers
1 x cup water
1/2 x cup millet (soaked for up to 7 hours and rinsed in hot water)
a pinch of fennel seeds
salt to taste
4 x small or 2 x large beetroots grated
1/2 x zucchini grated
1 x large carrot grated
1 onion grated
1 handful chopped dill or coriander
salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the water in a small pot and add the soaked and rinsed millet, salt and fennel.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooked millet, the grated vegetables, eggs, herbs and S &P in a bowl.
- If the mixture feels to juicy you can add some flour, oat bran or some more cooked millet.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the burgers for a couple of minutes on each side on medium heat.
- Serve with your favourite accompaniments such as garlic yoghurt, salad, cooked wedges made with twice cooked potatoes;