- 2 ripe avocados or; 1 avocado and 1 ripe banana
- 3 – 4 Tablespoons raw cacao powder (available from Organic Feast)
- ½ cup maple syrup, raw honey, or natural sweetener of your choice, if using banana, start with 2 tablespoons and add more if needed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- Try adding a handful of raw cacao nibs, dash of cayenne or a little cinnamon for a little kick or ½ cup of fresh orange juice for another take on the theme.
Fruit topping ingredients:
Place a handful of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or chopped banana on the top before serving.
Put all the pudding ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Can be served at room temperature, chilled from the fridge or even frozen.
Whipped coconut cream topping:
For even more decadence try this whipped cream from coconut milk, you will need to use icing sugar though!
Place a can of full fat coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
Open the can without shaking it or turning upside down.
Carefully spoon out the top layer of opaque coconut cream (not the liquid underneath) that has gathered at the top of the can. Spoon into a mixing bowl. Add 2-3 Tbsps. of powdered icing sugar to the coconut cream.
Beat with a hand beater until creamy. Start on low and move to a higher speed, move the beater in an up and down motion to infuse the mixture with as much air as possible.
Spoon on top of the chocolate mousse, refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve!
Now that’s healthy decadence!