Welcome to the Naturopathic Clinic!
Naturopathy is a holistic system of healing that incorporates a range of treatments and natural therapies, with the underlying belief that your body is able to fight infection and disease itself, given the right support. While conventional medicine treats the symptoms of a disease or illness, as a Naturopath I take a more holistic approach to healthcare with your overall health being my priority.
Naturopathy believes that if one restores or maintains the equilibrium of the body, our immune system is better placed to defend itself against infection and disease. Natural treatments and therapies may help the body rebalance itself. These treatments ensure that the body and mind are able to remain resilient, and recover promptly from imbalances caused by incorrect diet, lifestyle and influences from our surroundings. When we do succumb to an illness and contract a fever this is viewed as the body dealing with the source of the problem. The fever is therefore not viewed as a negative event, rather as part of the body’s natural defence mechanism.
What are the Benefits of Naturopathy?
- Dietary Advice – a good diet is essential to having a healthy body
- Herbal Remedies – traditional remedies, used for hundreds of years, with healing benefits
- Nutritional Supplements – especially useful when immunity is compromised by illness, or if imbalance has not resolved.
- Iridology – a useful tool, reading the colour & structures of the iris, to determine tissue inflamation, toxic overload, and the body’s predisposition to weakness.
- Remedial Massage – the manipulation of the tissues of the body that may be beneficial for healing and relaxation
When you come to see me I will devise a plan that will utilise some or all of these approaches depending on your condition.