- 500gms grated zucchini (about 2 large or 3 medium sized zucchini)
- 1/2 onion chopped finely (can use spring onions or chives instead)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup grated parmesan (depending on how wet the mix is)
- 2 – 3 x eggs (depending on the size)
- 3 x cloves of garlic
- S & P to taste (you shouldn’t need much salt as the parmesan is salty)
- Butter or rice bran oil for frying
- Slices of smoked salmon or a cooked piece of salmon fillet with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of dill.
- Squeeze out as much water from the grated zucchini as you can. I use a clean chux cloth, or a clean teatowel works too.
2. Sprinkle the squeezed grated zucchini with salt; leave to sit for 30 minutes to release additional water and then squeeze as much water out as possible.
3. Mix Parmesan cheese, eggs, green onions, garlic, basil, and S & P in a bowl; add zucchini. Stir to combine.
4. Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Form golf ball-sized zucchini patties and place in hot frying pan. Flatten with a spatula and fry until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Place the slices of smoked salmon or salmon fillet on top of fritters and add a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of dill.
Also nice with a tahini & yoghurt dressing. Try this recipe here;