Soothing and Calming
- 1/2 cup raw whole rolled oats – soothe the nervous system and contain tryptophan
- 1 cup brewed chamomile tea (cooled) – a well known sedative
- 1 cup sour cherry juice (or more tea) – contains natural melatonin
- 1 large banana (fresh or frozen) – a carbohydrate to enhance the uptake of tryptophan in the oats and nuts.
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of your choice – protein to stabilise blood sugar levels and contain tryptophan
- Place uncooked oats in a blender. Blend until finely ground.
- Add chamomile tea, cherry juice, banana, and almond butter to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses or mugs and enjoy.